May you find the Season of Thanksgiving
filled with so many blessings!
I am so THANKFUL for YOU!
Today I am preparing for Thanksgiving Dinner with family.
I thought I would share two of my favorite recipes for this special day!
Cranberry Sauce by the Pioneer Woman
- 1 bag (12 Oz. Bag) Cranberries
- 1 cup Cranberry Juice (or Orange, Apple Or Any Ot¬her Juice Combination)
- 1 cup Pure Maple Syrup (not Pancake Syrup!)
- 3 Tablespoons Juice (you Could Also Do Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice – Anything Citrusy)
- Wash bag of cranberries under cool water, then dump into a medium saucepan.
- Pour in 1 cup of cranberry juice (or whatever juice you choose).
- Pour in 1 cup maple syrup.
- Add orange juice (you could also do orange zest, lemon zest, lemon juice – anything citrusy).
- Stir together and turn heat on high until it reaches a boil.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat down to medium low and continue cooking over lower heat for about 10 minutes, or until the juice is thick. Turn off the heat.
- View more photos and the LINK to the RECIPE HERE.
BRINE for TURKEY by Pioneer Woman (mine is soaking right now)
- 3 cups Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- 2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Peppercorns
- 5 whole Bay Leaves
- Peel Of Three Large Oranges
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover.
- Allow to cool completely, then pour into a large brining bag or pot. Place uncooked turkey in brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast turkey, remove turkey from brine. Submerge turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
- Discard brine. Remove turkey from clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.
- Click this LINK to view the original version with lots of photos.
With Gratitude and Love,