PHONE: (732) 266-1287
Crafting during these uncertain times
Over the last 8+ weeks, the COVID-19 pandemic has drastically reshaped many of our lives. A lot of us are working from home, our children are dismissed from school, shops and stores we customarily frequent are either closed or understocked, and even a lot of outdoor venues, such as parks and playgrounds, are also off limits. As a society, we have had to pull ourselves together and come up with creative ways to continue doing the things that need to get done and to live life. What an opportunity we have as crafters to share something we love with those around us. During this challenging time, we can offer to take the time to teach scrapbooking and stamping to our children and grandchildren.
Close To My Heart is committed to helping the storyteller in you share and preserve all of your new and unique experiences. They have added to our stamping line and created new artwork to help you during these challenging times. The Let’s Stay Home Stamp Collection is a wonderful way to document this time in history, as well as encourage our children to write down their own sentiments.
Here you will find some excellent ideas on how to use the stamps to create your own story of COVID-19:
What can you create:
If we concentrate on the GOOD of working together, taking a challenging situation and turning it around into an opportunity to BE TOGETHER, it may work wonders. Here are a few ideas:
- Albums come in a variety of sizes.
- The Story by Stacy is a nice finished 4×4 with sewn in protectors (I love adding 4×4 flip flaps for more photo options). A 6×6 size with pages, stickers and more is another great find. You can check them both out on this LINK.
- We also offer Everyday Life in 6×6, 6×8 or 8 1/2 x 11.
- Looking for a NO CUTTING option to do with a little one? I highly recommend our Cut Above 6×8 These are My People workshop kit. All you need to do is add our 6×8 album. The kit comes with page protectors.
- CC3205 These are My People stamp set only has a few left which you may enjoy using. You can find it here on this link.
- Use our journaling pens and add your photos of THIS TIME when things have changed.
- Take photos of staying up late, watching movies, playing videos, cooking and baking together.
- Journal everyone’s stories (they get to tell their stories too).
- Add flip flaps, or add picture my life cards , or even your scraps to create a unique layout, page or story in your books.
We can create a POSITIVE experience and document (which is what scrappers do) the moments of our life as it is happening today.
As this “alone together” journey continues, Close To My Heart has designed two Let’s Stay Home coordinating SVG images that you can download FREE for use with your favorite design software. (An SVG image is resolution independent and infinitely scalable, meaning it will look clear and crisp at any size.) Click on the images below and save them for your own personal use. Seamlessly cut these timely titles out of cardstock to use on a scrapbook page, as shown below, along with the Let’s Stay Home stamp set.
These titles, when paired with vinyl, also make great album covers, providing a beautiful place to collect all of the memories you are making right now.
Keep documenting how life has changed for you and yours. Collect news stories, memes, photos, and, most importantly, collect your own personal experiences and stories. We wish you all love, joy, happiness, and health, today and every day. ❤️