PHONE: (732) 266-1287
Hold Onto Your Umbrella!
Have you ever had the pleasure of crafting with “paper pieceing?” It’s a wonderful way to use your paper to ‘color’ images or add texture to your stamping. This is definitely a great technique for larger stamps and even using your paper scraps. I just couldn’t wait to create the card on pg. 27 of the March/April Catalog using Z4424 When It Rains with thin cuts (or D2083 stamp set only).
The Rain or Shine card is SOoooo CUTE! It only uses a sliver of paper on the card, but the ‘GIRL’ gets all the colorful paper pieces! In addition, the base of the card is distressed with Oxide Ink in Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. The x9038 MIXINS patterned paper pack (only $6.95) is the star of these creations. I want to show you how to use this paper pack and create 3 or more cards using 3 colors/patterns: lagoon, nectarine & lemonade. Here is how it all comes together:
I just love how PAPER PIECING with the variety of Mixins, created a different sample of the same design.
4¼” x 5½” Rain or Shine Card (Vertical)
- Z4424 When It Rains Stamp + Thin Cuts
- X9038 Mix-in Paper Packet
- Cardstock: X6043 Nectarine, X6056 Wild Berry, 1385 White Daisy Cardstock (All of our Cardstock is on SALE)
- Ink: Z2895 Lagoon, Z4189 Intense Black
- Distress Oxide Ink: Z3833 Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide™, Ink Pad, Z3830 Mustard Seed Distress Oxide™ Ink Pad
- Markers: Z2517 Burnt Orange TriBlend™ Marker, Z2476 Fair Skin TriBlend™ Marker, Z2519 Gold Yellow TriBlend™ Marker